What is voicemail? for what purpose it is used? and how to set up voicemail on iPhone? Starting from the basics a voicemail is digitally recorded message which helps us in many ways. For example, if you are continuously calling someone and he/she is not picking up your phone. What will you do? You won’t be able to talk to him? So to avoid missed calls voicemail was introduced which was something that changed the way of communication. People nowadays normally don’t text their loved ones instead they simply drop a voicemail that is less time consuming a better way of communication
How To Set Up Voicemail On iPhone 7
Setting up voicemail on any iPhone is not something very difficult but sometimes when you have to manually set up voicemail you get stuck but don’t worry in this article we will show you that step by step guide towards how to set up voicemail on iPhone 7.
the first thing you have to check is on what IOS version you are updated to, if there are any updates please update your phone before setting up the voicemail because apple automatically fixes the bugs that are present in last IOS.
step by step guide on how to set up voicemail on iPhone
- From the home screen find the phone icon > voicemail (lower right corner).
- If you are directed to the voicemail system. Just simply follow the steps but if not then dial *86 to manually set up the voicemail.
- Tap set up now ( if set up now pops up does not appear that means your voicemail is already setup simply tap the greetings option in the top left corner and start from the step 6).
- Entering password tap done (your password must be 4-6 digits long.
- After that, you will be asked to rewrite your password. After re-writing your password tap done again.
- Now tap custom to record any greeting (check defaults).
- Tap record to begin.
- Tap Stop when you are finished and you are all done.
- Save the voicemail tap done or save.
How to set up voicemail on iPhone 6
If you are an existing voicemail customer and you forgot your password. you won’t be able to use the voicemail until you reset your password to reset your password. Press and hold 1 key that is prompted ut you won’t be able to use voicemail while using WiFi calling. To reset your password Just go to My wireless, select a device, and choose to Manage my device. Then, select Reset voicemail password.
- To get the new password you have to be in the AT&T WiFi coverage area or you won’t be able to set up the voicemail.
- The first thing you have to do is to open the account overview and then my wireless section.
- Now find my device and add-ons then choose the device you want to manage.
- Select manage my device.
- You’ll find reset voicemail password under device options and settings.
How to set up voicemail on iPhone 8
Sometimes you can’t set up voicemail on iPhone 8 but to avoid that follow the following steps:-
- Call someone else from your iPhone to check if the cellular network is working fine or not.
- Make sure that you set up your voicemail.
- Call yourself from another phone and try leaving a voicemail.
- Try to reset network settings.
How to set up voicemail on iPhone X
Setting up voicemail on any iPhone is almost same. But sometimes setting up voicemail transcription is sometimes different the following step are to voicemail transcription using voice manager.
- Firstly login to the voice manager.
- Then Go to the settings.
- Turn to message on.
- Turn transcription on.
- After turning on on transcription your voicemails will be transcribed as texts.
This was the complete guide for how to set up voicemail on iPhone.